Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Creativity Hiatus and Some Tips to Get Your Mojo Back

I can't believe I've left my new little blog all alone for this long. I have to admit that I've been having some trouble being creative for almost two weeks now. Inspiration finally hit last night when I saw this lovely layout from fellow Pixel Scrapper member Pauline. I immediately wanted to scrap lift it so I chose a kit, I found a photo, and I got to work!  I'm feeling a bit rusty but I like the way it turned out. :)

 

While I was in my rut I reached out to the community at Pixel Scrapper to find out what others do when they've lost their mojo and here were some of their ideas:
  • Give yourself permission to relax and take a break.
  • Do something else altogether to take your mind off of your lack of creativity.
  • It's no use stressing over it, inspiration will eventually return.
  • Browse stores, blogs, galleries, magazines, ads, Pinterest, etc.
  • Use a template or choose something to scraplift (if you're not a scrapper, find something you like and copy it in your own style)
  • Sometimes you just have to push through!
What do you do to spark your creativity? Thanks for reading!

♥ Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment