Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Year End Wrap Up: Digi Edition

Its been about 6 months now since I first discovered digital scrapbooking... and I didn't waste any time jumping right into the digi world - joining forums, participating in challenges, making new friends, and of course shopping - oh my gosh, the shopping!!  Then after just a few months I started dabbling in kit design (be sure to check out my freebies) and have joined a couple of awesome creative teams for some amazing designers.  This is the longest I've ever stuck with any crafty pursuit and I don't see my obsession ending any time soon!

I don't have a particular scrapping style, some days I like to do minimal style pages and other days I just want to make big beautiful bursting clusters, most of the time I fall somewhere in between.  I've scrapped at least 150 pages in the last 6 months and I'd like to showcase a few of my favorites.  For credits, the images are linked to my Pixel Scrapper gallery.  See my complete gallery here.

Christmas Wishes 
I used this for our digital Christmas Card this year, it made the list 
because I really like the photos - happy times.  :-D

Winter Scape
I actually made this page today, and I might have set a personal best 
for fastest layout made!  It's only 6 pieces but is so striking.

Dream Catcher
I've had this photo of Marcie in my "Pictures" folder for a while, 
then came the template, and when Brooke released the 
Encourage kit... the page practically made itself.

Cutie Pa-Toodie
I just love all of these circles!

Smiling Brightly 
I love that baby's big beautiful grin - and the element rainbow. :)

 Madame Bijoux
I used a photo mask for the first time to make this page, it was also the
 first time I blended a photo with the background paper.  It was 
a risk for me at the time and I love how it turned out.

Looking ahead to 2014, I don't really have any "resolutions" (I don't do those!), but I do plan to work on my design skills, keep up better with this blog, participate in more blog trains, set up a facebook page, and make sure to have FUN!

Thanks so much for reading... Happy New Year!

♥ Catherine

1 comment: